Bachelor of Arts - Ministry Leadership
The Ministry Leadership program is intended for students with a sense of God’s call, personal desire, and affirmation by their churches for Christian leadership. The program equips students for ministry leadership with biblical foundations, an understanding of our world, and ministry focus areas. Students participate in challenging leadership experiences with supportive leadership coaching by faculty and experienced ministry practitioners.
Graduates have pursued ministry leadership careers including pastoral ministry, children’s ministry and youth ministry.
- Commitment to God’s mission, leadership, responsibilities, and the role of the Holy Spirit in mission.
- Identify evangelical Anabaptist convictions essential for biblical ministry.
- Expand the practice of prayer for sustaining lives of service to God and people.
- Develop persuasive communication skills in written, verbal, and media.
- Understand principles of conflict resolution and resource management.
- Demonstrate qualities and skills for innovative servant leadership.
- Develop a philosophy of ministry revealing awareness of contemporary issues and a love for the church.
- Discern future level of involvement in ministry through mentored assessment of competencies.
Biblical and Theological Studies (36 credits)
- Intro. to the Bible: Old Testament
- Intro. to the Bible: New Testament
- Life & Teachings of Jesus
- Biblical Interpretation
- Christian Spirituality
- Christian Theology
- *Bible-Theology Elective (9 credits)
- Old Testament Elective (300 level)
- New Testament Elective (300 level)
- Anabaptist Theology Elective
Arts & Sciences (36 credits)
- English Composition
- Spanish or Humanities Elective
- Anabaptist History
- Christian History
- Faith & Science
- Interpersonal Communication
- Fine Arts Elective
- Arts & Sciences Focus Area Elective
- *Arts & Sciences Elective (6 credits)
- *Social Sciences Elective
Ministry Studies Core (12 credits)
- Ministry 1: Intro. to Ministry
- Ministry 2: Intercultural Ministry
- Ministry 3: International Ministry
- Ministry 4: Integrative Ministry Seminar
Ministry Leadership Major (30 credits)
- Focus Area Elective (12 credits)
- Leadership Principles
- Management Principles
- Choose Internship (12 credits) or