SBC Bursaries and Scholarships
Scholarships will be awarded between May 1 and September 1 to assist students involved in leadership and ministry. Funds will be automatically applied to student accounts in September.
Summer Ministry Scholarship
This scholarship awards $150/week to returning students (for 2-15 weeks of full time ministry) and $100/week to new students (for 1-8 weeks of full time ministry). SBC will encourage both the ministry agency and the student's home church to match this award.
Returning students applying before June 1 and new students applying before August 1 each year will be given priority. More details and application form are available Apply Online.
President’s Leadership Scholarship
The President's Leadership Scholarship is a $2000 award given to students who demonstrate academic achievement, ministry and leadership experience, and are recommended by their home church. The scholarship will be awarded in 4 yearly installments of $500. Any student planning to attend Steinbach Bible College for the first time is eligible to apply. There will be 5 scholarships awarded annually to students who meet the specified criteria.
To apply students must:
- Complete the college applications form including submission of all references and transcript(s).
- Complete the Scholarship Application Form
- Have both of these finished by June 1st
- Maintain a 2.5 GPA
- Be enrolled in Full-Time Studies at SBC
Bursaries will be awarded to full time students with demonstrated financial need. Students can apply by October 31st and funds will be applied to their accounts in January. Application forms will be distributed to students during the first semester.
These awards are funded through the establishment of endowment funds and the generous donations of many individuals, corporations and organizations. The following bursaries are available:
- Gilbert Reimer Memorial Bursary
- C.P. Loewen Memorial Bursary
- Edward J. Loewen Memorial Bursary
- Ben D. Reimer Missions Bursary
- Ben D. Reimer Field Education Bursary
- The Sowers’ Bursary Fund
- Jacob T. and Margaret Loewen Family Bursary Fund
- Helen Martens Memorial Bursary
- Isaac and Augusta Plett Memorial Bursary
- Peter and Mary Wiebe Memorial Bursary
- SBC Memorial Bursary Fund
- Peter D. and Maria Reimer Memorial Bursary
- Myrna Anne Friesen Memorial Bursary
- David and Gertie Loewen Bursary (Mennonite Foundation Endowment)
- David and Katherine Dueck Bursary
International Student Bursary
Two full tuition bursaries are available to international students who have been recommended by one of the constituent conferences and whose remaining costs will be covered by that conference.
Available for one student in the amount of $4000 per year for 3 years. More bursaries may be available through MFC.
Awards will be given to students demonstrating the qualities of excellence related to the mission and core values of the college. Awards are presented in April in connection with the graduation celebrations.
- Harvey Plett Award (Pastoral Ministry) - $250
- Betty Reimer Memorial Award (Missions) - $250
- MFC Spirit of Generosity Award - $300
- Delta Epsilon Chi Honor Society Award - $250
- Timothy Award - $250
- Bible/Theology - $250
- Youth Ministry - $250
- Peer Counselling - $250
- Worship Arts - $250
- Student Ministry - $250
Discounts are awarded by the various departments of the college. Funds will be automatically applied to student accounts.
Unmarried children of full time faculty/staff at SBC or SCHS will receive free tuition.
Alumni Free Course
Alumni with a degree from SBC may receive one free audit course per year. This does not include any of our online courses.
Siblings attending full time concurrently, each receive 5% off tuition.
Spouses of full time students receive one free course per year.